Τετάρτη 2 Μαρτίου 2011

The Raven

Edgar Allan Poe
CREDITS TO valia FOR THIS



O
nce upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more."

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore -
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore -
Nameless here for evermore.




Στα μεσάνυχτα χαμένος, μόνος κι αποκαμωμένος,
Από αλλόκοτη μελέτη για τη γνώση την παλιά,
Έγειρα για να πλαγιάσω, μα προτού καν ξαποστάσω,
Ένας ήχος πάλαφρος γέμισε την κάμαρα.
«Ξένος θα ‘ναι», συλλογιέμαι, «έξω από την κάμαρα»
Μα γι’ αυτόν δεν είχα ώρα.


Πώς θυμάμαι αυτή τη μέρα, παγερή Δεκέμβρη μέρα,
Που η μαυρίλα με φοβέρα στοίχειωνε την κάμαρα.
Σφόδρα το επιθυμώ – αλλά μάταια προσπαθώ                                   
Απ’ τη θλίψη να σωθώ – που χάθηκε η Νόρα
Η κόρη η μονάκριβη, των φτερωτών η Νόρα
Δίχως όνομα είναι τώρα.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου